Thursday, October 4, 2018

Curriculm Review

It's unbelievable that this is my 6th year homeschooling. 

I'm often asked what I used for curriculum. We have used mostly Bob Jones and Abeka Textbooks from 1st to 3rd (son) and K-5 to 2nd (daughter). In 4th and 5th, we used Dvd's for Bible, Science, History, All Language Arts, and Abeka Textbooks for Math. 

The kids did love the Bob Jones dvds but needed a break from them. They are a bit long some days and there was less flexibility for taking field trips, etc. I would recommend the Bob Jones Dvd program. They were so well done.

This year, my daughter switched to a Ballet Academie, yet I continue to homeschool my son. For his 6th Grade year, we changed the curriculum quite a bit. This is what he is using. 
Science - Answers in Genesis
History - Abeka
Math - Teaching Textbooks (on the computer) 
Language Arts - Essentials in Writing (Dvd/Textbook) and Learning Language Arts through Literature.

I'm quite happy with all of them so far!  7 weeks done, many to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment