Monday, October 24, 2016

Gym Coach

     Another part of my life is being a gymnastics coach.  I absolutely love my job.  I always want to be the best that I can be, and that definitely is true when it comes to coaching.  There is so much more to coaching than showing up to class.
     There is planning stations for your events; focusing on a new skill each week; making sure to bring in new drills to keep it interesting; keep researching to find new ways to teach a skill; knowing what mats you are going to need.  This part of coaching can become time consuming.  I enjoy it and have to make sure I do not get sucked into watching to many gymnastics coaching videos.  Being prepared it very important!
     Last week, we had the pleasure of having a highly qualified coach come into our gym, and work with some of the coaches and classes.  I enjoyed getting to see how my classes behaved and performed in front of him.  I had a few embarrassing moments, but I was proud of how hard they have work.  Working with him, has pushed me to be a better coach.
     I always want to be better.  Not only should I want to be better at my job outside the home, but all my other jobs as well.  Being a wife and mom doesn't feel like jobs at all because I love being them so much.  
     God has truly blessed my family.  I am blessed.  I think of the Proverbs 31 women.  She works and manages multitasking very gracefully.  I am striving to be a Proverbs 31 women.




No comments:

Post a Comment