Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Homeschooling

Homeschooling

I get comments all the time about how amazing it is that I homeschool my children.  It is sometimes harder than I ever thought possible.  This year, we switched from me teaching all the lessons to dvd lessons.  I thought that I would have so much free time.  Well, that is not the case.  Although the lessons are wonderful, my kids have been struggling over the first week plus.  I could not understand why I constantly had to be in the room for the to be focused.  I then realized, since I started homeschooling, I have always been in the room.  It's not going to magically change.

Both of my children are in fourth grade this year, so we were having the lessons play on the tv.  They did not enjoy sitting at the ottomen or sitting on the couch.  I set a small table up behind the couch, still other frustrations.  I have noticed that my daughter takes a little more time than my son, and he is bored waiting for her.  Even if it's only 5-10 minutes, he wants to continue his lessons.

Therefore, I made a change.  I bought portable DVD players for each of them.  Months ago, this was my plan, that I changed to watch on the TV.  I am glad I am going back to my original plan.  It is only day one, but both of them seem to be much happier and focused.

Blessed Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment